Top 10 Words of Wisdom from Gandhi
1. Be the change.
2. What you think you become.
3. Where there is love there is life.
4. Learn as if you’ll live forever.
5. Your health is your real wealth.
6. Have a sense of humour.
7. Your life is your message.
8. Action expresses priorities.
9. Our greatness is being able to remake ourselves.
10. Find yourself in the service of others.
Five Mistakes to Look For In Your Dialogue
The “Now What?” Months are here! In 2014, we’ll be bringing you advice from authors who published their NaNo-novels, editors, agents, and more to help you polish November’s first draft until it gleams. Today, Cara Lockwood, author, editor, and NaNo sponsor, spotlights five dialogue potholes:
Good dialogue is hard for even experienced writers to get right. Bad dialogue, however, can be a major red flag to agents, publishers and readers in general that you are a novice writer not ready to be published. I’ve helped many first-time writers correct the most common missteps with dialogue, such as: